Senior Living in 19950 (Greenwood, DE)
- 19950 scores the same as the Greenwood, DE average of 70.
- 19950 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19950 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Rest Home, Heritage at Milford, and Milford Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Upland Golf Club, Caroline Country Club, and Seaford Golf & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (G&R Campground and Redden State Forest).
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Church of Brethren, Fresh Fire Worship Center, and Marantha Holistic Gospel.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,588, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,810, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,168, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.87%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 19950 has a very sparse population density of 93.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.47%.