Senior Living in 19953 (Hartly, DE)
- 19953 scores the same as the Hartly, DE average of 79.
- 19953 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19953 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bayhealth - Kent General Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Wild Meadows Homes, Cadia Rehabilitation Capitol Healthcare, and Heritage at Dover.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Wild Quail Golf & Country Club, Mapledale Country Club, and Cape Course at Jonathan\'s Landing.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Brecknock County Park and First State Heritage Park Welcome Center).
- There are 181 churches nearby, including Hartly United Methodist Church, Solid Rock Church, and St John\'s Holy Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,237, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,934, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,513, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.12%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 19953 has a sparse population density of 149.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.00%.