Senior Living in 19954 (Houston, DE)
- 19954 scores the same as the Houston, DE average of 77.
- 19954 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19954 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage at Milford, Milford Center, and Delaware Veterans Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Shawnee Country Club, Cape Course at Jonathan\'s Landing, and Wild Quail Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including G&R Campground, Killens Pond State Park, and Delaware Beaches Jellystone Park Camp-Resort.
- There are 91 churches nearby, including Community Pentecostal Church, Community Pentecostal Church, and Houston United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,567, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,375, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,892, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.39%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 19954 has a sparse population density of 169.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.33%.