Senior Living in 19956 (Laurel, DE)
- 19956 scores the same as the Laurel, DE average of 69.
- 19956 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19956 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nanticoke Memorial Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Circle J Developers, Delmar Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Manor House.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Seaford Golf & Country Club, Woodland Golf Park, and Wood Creek Golf Links.
- There is 1 park nearby (Trap Pond State Park)..
- There are 37 churches nearby, including God\'s House of Deliverance, Tabernacle House of Prayer, and Wesleyan Church of Laurel.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,658, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,917, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,481, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.87%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 19956 has a sparse population density of 153.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.84%.