Senior Living in 19958 (Lewes, DE)
- 19958 scores the same as the Lewes, DE average of 76.
- 19958 scores the same as the Delaware average of 76.
- 19958 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Beebe Medical Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Cadbury at Lewes, Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation, and Cadia Rehabilitation Renaissance.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (49% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Midway Par 3 Golf Course, Kings Creek Country Club, and Pitch-n-Putt Course at Golf Park at Rehoboth Beach.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Cape Henlopen State Park and Homestead Campground).
- There are 15 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church of Lewes, Bethel United Methodist Church, and Midway Assembly of God Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,631, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,505, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,679, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.97%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 19958 has a sparse population density of 400.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.83%.