Senior Living in 19964 (Marydel, DE)
- 19964 scores the same as the Marydel, DE average of 78.
- 19964 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19964 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Senior Care of Goldsboro Assisted Living, Safe Haven, and Cadia Rehabilitation Capitol Healthcare.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Wild Quail Golf & Country Club, Mapledale Country Club, and Cape Course at Jonathan\'s Landing.
- There is 1 park nearby (Holiday Park Campground)..
- There are 126 churches nearby, including New Beginnings Church of God, St John\'s Holy Church, and Hartly United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,605, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,047, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,408, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.82%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 19964 has a sparse population density of 141.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.95%.