Senior Living in 19966 (Millsboro, DE)
- 19966 scores the same as the Millsboro, DE average of 70.
- 19966 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19966 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Atlantic Shores Rehabilitation and Health Center, Cadia Rehabilitation Renaissance, and Circle J Developers.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Baywood Greens, Cripple Creek Golf & Country Club, and Sussex Pines Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Holts Landing State Park)..
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Spiritual Assembly of Bahai, Mary Mother of Peace, and Pentecostal Church of God.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,903, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,409, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,230, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.54%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 19966 has a sparse population density of 284.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.00%.