Senior Living in 19968 (Milton, DE)
- 19968 scores the same as the Milton, DE average of 79.
- 19968 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19968 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Beebe Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation, Cadbury at Lewes, and Harrison Senior Living of Georgetown.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Rookery Golf Club, The, Midway Par 3 Golf Course, and Sussex Pines Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Homestead Campground, Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge, and Redden State Forest.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Lewes Church of Christ, Lighthouse Church of Christ, and Lewes Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,240, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,849, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,601, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.51%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 19968 has a sparse population density of 152.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.90%.