Senior Living in 19977 (Smyrna, DE)
- 19977 scores the same as the Smyrna, DE average of 72.
- 19977 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19977 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bayhealth - Kent General Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Delaware Hospital F-T Chronically Ill (dhci), Pinnacle Rehabilitation and Health Center, and Wild Meadows Homes.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 137 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Ron Jaworski\'s Garrison\'s Lake Golf Club, Mapledale Country Club, and Eagle Creek Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge and First State Heritage Park Welcome Center).
- There are 165 churches nearby, including St Polycarps Church, Asbury United Methodist Church, and St Peter\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,758, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,129, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,713, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.31%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 19977 has a sparse population density of 276.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.53%.