Senior Living in 19979 (Viola, DE)
- 19979 scores the same as the Viola, DE average of 80.
- 19979 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19979 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Green Meadows at Dover, Emeritus at Dover, and State Street Assisted Living.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Wild Quail Golf & Country Club, Cape Course at Jonathan\'s Landing, and Eagle Creek Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Killens Pond State Park and Brecknock County Park).
- There are 120 churches nearby, including David Ron, Laws Mennonite Church, and Healing Hands Christian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,686, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,958, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,151, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.66%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 19979 has a sparse population density of 312.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.24%.