Senior Living in 20001 (Washington DC, DC)
- 20001 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 21th highest of any zip code in Washington DC, DC.
- 20001 scores lower than the Washington DC, DC average of 77.
- 20001 scores lower than the Washington DC average of 77.
- 20001 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Howard University Hospital, Medlink Hospital & Nursing Ctr, and Washington Hospital Center.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in the area, including Madison Saints Paradise South, Roxanna Booth Manor, and The Residences at Thomas Circle.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 76.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 205 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Langston Golf Course & Driving Range, East Potomac Public Golf Course -Blue, and Rock Creek Park Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including African American Civil War Museum, National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial, and US Navy Memorial Plaza.
- There are 330 churches nearby, including Mount Carmel Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and Corinthian Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.75%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Washington DC has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.48%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,184, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,875, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,900, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,120 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,374 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.54%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20001 has a very dense population density of 17,651.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.82%.