Senior Living in 20003 (Washington DC, DC)
- 20003 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 22th highest of any zip code in Washington DC, DC.
- 20003 scores lower than the Washington DC, DC average of 77.
- 20003 scores lower than the Washington DC average of 77.
- 20003 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Medlink Hospital & Nursing Ctr).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Unique Residential Care Center, BridgePoint Hospital Capitol Hill Campus, and Meyer Manor Residential Care Home.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 76.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including East Potomac Public Golf Course -Blue, Langston Golf Course & Driving Range, and Ft. Mcnair Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lincoln Park, National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial, and National Mall.
- There are 236 churches nearby, including Mount Joy Baptist Church, Greater People Union Baptist, and Mount Moriah Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.75%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Washington DC has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.48%.
- The area has an average household income of $129,909, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $101,748, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $56,272, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,120 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,374 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.37%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20003 has a very dense population density of 11,794.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.67%.