Senior Living in 20016 (Washington DC, DC)
- 20016 has a SeniorScore® of 83, which is the 7th highest of any zip code in Washington DC, DC.
- 20016 scores higher than the Washington DC, DC average of 77.
- 20016 scores higher than the Washington DC average of 77.
- 20016 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including Psychiatric Inst Of Washington, Sibley Memorial Hospital, and Georgetown University Hospital.
- There are 89 senior living facilities in the area, including Sibley Memorial Hospital Renaissance, The Washington Home, and Grand Oaks Assisted Living Residence.
- There are 41 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 76.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 315 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Washington Golf & Country Club, Columbia Country Club, and Chevy Chase Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Old Stone House Park, Georgetown Waterfront Park, and Dupont Circle.
- There are 319 churches nearby, including St Ann\'s Catholic Church, St Alban\'s Church, and Annunciation Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.75%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Washington DC has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.48%.
- The area has an average household income of $183,591, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $121,445, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $75,642, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,120 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,374 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.37%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20016 has a dense population density of 7,324.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.87%.