Senior Living in 20052 (Washington DC, DC)
- 20052 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the 11th highest of any zip code in Washington DC, DC.
- 20052 scores higher than the Washington DC, DC average of 77.
- 20052 scores higher than the Washington DC average of 77.
- 20052 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including George Washington Univ Hospital, Columbia Hospital For Women, and George Washington Univ Hosp.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including Oas Retirement and Pension Fund, Alcofa Senior Housing, and Brinton Woods Health and Rehab Center at Dupont Circ.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 76.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 162 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (1% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including East Potomac Public Golf Course -Blue, Ft. Mcnair Golf Course, and Langston Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 22 parks nearby, including Vietnam Veterans Memorial, White House Rose Garden, and The White House South Lawn.
- There are 221 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Episcopal Church, Church of the Pilgrams, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.75%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Washington DC has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.48%.
- The area has a median household income of $4,866, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $2,087, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,120 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,374 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20052 has a very dense population density of 156,666.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.