Senior Living in 20109 (Manassas, VA)
- 20109 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Manassas, VA.
- 20109 scores lower than the Manassas, VA average of 80.
- 20109 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20109 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Prince William Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Arbor Terrace Sudley Manor, Brookdale Manassas, and The Fairmont.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (12% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Golf Academy at Broad Run, The, Bristow Manor Golf Club, and Chantilly National Golf & Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Manassas National Battlefield Park, Bull Run Regional Park, and Ben Lomond Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Lighthouse Assembly of God, Manassas Presbyterian Church, and Hope Lutheran Church Mo Synod.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,437, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,404, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,823, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.84%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 20109 has a dense population density of 1,822.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.50%.