Senior Living in 20120 (Centreville, VA)
- 20120 has a SeniorScore® of 83, which is the highest of any zip code in Centreville, VA.
- 20120 scores the same as the Centreville, VA average of 83.
- 20120 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20120 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Inova Fair Oaks Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Friendly Group Home, Arbor Terrace Sudley Manor, and Manorcare Health Services-Fair Oaks.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Antietam/Wilderness Course at Fairfax National Golf Club, Chantilly National Golf & Country Club, and Pleasant Valley Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Pender Pet Retreat at Dulles Gateway, Bull Run Regional Park, and Ben Lomond Park.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Centreville Baptist Church, St Andrew Lutheran Church, and Centreville Presbyterian Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $135,011, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $112,077, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $45,613, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.88%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 20120 has a dense population density of 2,370.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.39%.