Senior Living in 20121 (Centreville, VA)
- 20121 has a SeniorScore® of 83, which is the highest of any zip code in Centreville, VA.
- 20121 scores the same as the Centreville, VA average of 83.
- 20121 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20121 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Prince William Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including The Fairmont, Brookdale Manassas, and Arbor Terrace Sudley Manor.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 131 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (12% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Chantilly National Golf & Country Club, Antietam/Wilderness Course at Fairfax National Golf Club, and Lakes Course at Twin Lakes.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Ben Lomond Park, Bull Run Regional Park, and Manassas National Battlefield Park.
- There are 52 churches nearby, including Centreville Assembly of God, A R P & Association, and Centreville United Methodist.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $109,616, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $95,468, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,719, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.87%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 20121 has a dense population density of 3,232.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.38%.