Senior Living in 20143 (Catharpin, VA)
- 20143 scores the same as the Catharpin, VA average of 97.
- 20143 scores significantly higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20143 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Prince William Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Gainesville Health and Rehab Center, Arbor Terrace Sudley Manor, and Brookdale Manassas.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 185 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Robert Trent Jones Golf Club, Stonewall Golf Club, and Virginia Oaks Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Conway Robinson Memorial State Forest, Manassas National Battlefield, and Manassas National Battlefield Park.
- There are 58 churches nearby, including Sudley United Methodist Church, Gainesville United Methodist, and Gainesville Presbyterian Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $145,798, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $142,596, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,266, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 20143 has a sparse population density of 157.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.