Senior Living in 20144 (Delaplane, VA)
- 20144 scores the same as the Delaplane, VA average of 78.
- 20144 scores the same as the Virginia average of 78.
- 20144 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Amerisist of Front Royal, Warren Memorial Hospital Lynn Care, and Commonwealth Assisted Living at Front Royal.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Virginia National Golf Club, Front Royal Country Club, and North Course at Bowling Green Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (G R Thompson State Wildlife Management Area and Sky Meadows State Park).
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Leeds Episcopal Church, Reames Waverly G, and Trinity Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $133,541, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $109,036, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $49,055, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.88%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 20144 has a very sparse population density of 25.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.93%.