Senior Living in 20147 (Ashburn, VA)
- 20147 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Ashburn, VA.
- 20147 scores lower than the Ashburn, VA average of 79.
- 20147 scores the same as the Virginia average of 78.
- 20147 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Erickson Retirement Communities, Ashby Ponds, and Leisure World Clubhouse West.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Brambleton Regional Park Golf Course, Algonkian Regional Park Golf Course, and Island Course at Lowes Island Club at Cascades.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Brambleton Golf Course, Claude Moore Park, and McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Ashburn Presbyterian Church, Christian Fellowship Church, and St David\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $138,438, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $120,372, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,101, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.39%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 20147 has a dense population density of 2,721.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.17%.