Senior Living in 20164 (Sterling, VA)
- 20164 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Sterling, VA.
- 20164 scores lower than the Sterling, VA average of 80.
- 20164 scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20164 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Sterling, Potomac Falls Health and Rehab Center, and Sommerset Retirement Community.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Sterling Park Golf Club, Herndon Centennial Golf Course, and Island Course at Lowes Island Club at Cascades.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Claude Moore Park and Dranesville Tavern Park).
- There are 34 churches nearby, including St Matthews Episcopal Church, Christ the Redeemer Religious, and Sterling Park Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,530, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,375, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,069, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.38%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 20164 has a dense population density of 5,093.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.10%.