Senior Living in 20165 (Sterling, VA)
- 20165 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Sterling, VA.
- 20165 scores lower than the Sterling, VA average of 80.
- 20165 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20165 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including West Falls Center at Falcons Landing, Falcons Landing, and Sunrise at Countryside.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Algonkian Regional Park Golf Course, Island Course at Lowes Island Club at Cascades, and Sterling Park Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area, Claude Moore Park, and Dranesville Tavern Park.
- There are 54 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Hope Catholic Chr, Community Lutheran Church, and Potomac Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $146,611, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $128,208, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,229, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.62%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 20165 has a dense population density of 3,300.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.90%.