Senior Living in 20166 (Sterling, VA)
- 20166 has a SeniorScore® of 86, which is the highest of any zip code in Sterling, VA.
- 20166 scores higher than the Sterling, VA average of 80.
- 20166 scores significantly higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20166 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Reston Hospital Center).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Ashby Ponds, Erickson Retirement Communities, and Sommerset Retirement Community.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 207 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (11% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Sterling Park Golf Club, Herndon Centennial Golf Course, and Brambleton Regional Park Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Claude Moore Park, Brambleton Golf Course, and Dranesville Tavern Park.
- There are 80 churches nearby, including New Life Praise & Deliverance, Gideons International, and Oak Grove Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $121,273, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $108,528, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,735, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.14%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 20166 has an average population density of 545.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.26%.