Senior Living in 20171 (Herndon, VA)
- 20171 has a SeniorScore® of 84, which is the highest of any zip code in Herndon, VA.
- 20171 scores higher than the Herndon, VA average of 80.
- 20171 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20171 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Reston Hospital Center).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including The Crossings at Chantilly, Sunrise of Fair Oaks, and Sunrise at Reston Town Center.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 156 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Reston National Golf Course, Pleasant Valley Golf Club, and International Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Pender Pet Retreat at Dulles Gateway, Ox Hill Battlefield Park, and Plow & Hearth.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including Southview Baptist Church, St Veronica Catholic Church, and Mount Pleasant Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $161,002, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $134,409, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $56,768, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.49%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 20171 has a dense population density of 3,791.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.77%.