Senior Living in 20175 (Leesburg, VA)
- 20175 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the highest of any zip code in Leesburg, VA.
- 20175 scores higher than the Leesburg, VA average of 79.
- 20175 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20175 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Graydon Manor).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Evergreen Village, Meadow Glen of Leesburg, and Morningside House of Leesburg.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Goose Creek Golf Club, Westpark Golf Club, and Brambleton Regional Park Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Leesburg Animal Park, Ida Lee Park, and Brambleton Golf Course.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Church of the Nazarene, First Mt Olive Baptist Church, and Leesburg Community Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $138,582, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $116,866, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $49,434, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 20175 has a sparse population density of 435.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.47%.