Senior Living in 20176 (Leesburg, VA)
- 20176 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Leesburg, VA.
- 20176 scores lower than the Leesburg, VA average of 79.
- 20176 scores the same as the Virginia average of 78.
- 20176 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Inova Loudoun Hospital and Piedmont Behavioral Hlth Ctr).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Spring Arbor of Leesburg, Inova Loudoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Heritage Hall - Leesburg.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Lansdowne Resort, Raspberry Falls Golf & Hunt Club, and River Creek Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Temple Hall Farm Regional Park, Morven Park, and Ida Lee Park.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Loudoun Baptist Temple Church, St James Episcopal Church, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $136,336, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $111,894, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,713, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 20176 has an average population density of 816.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.13%.