Senior Living in 20187 (Warrenton, VA)
- 20187 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the highest of any zip code in Warrenton, VA.
- 20187 scores higher than the Warrenton, VA average of 78.
- 20187 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20187 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (The Fauquier Hospital, Inc).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Amerisist of Warrenton, Lakeview Estates, and Oak Springs of Warrenton.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including South Wales Golf Club, Fauquier Springs Country Club, and Virginia Oaks Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Whitney State Forest and Weston Wildlife Management Area).
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Trinity Baptist Church, Our Saviour\'s Lutheran Church, and Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $133,885, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $114,939, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,677, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.54%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 20187 has a sparse population density of 314.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.99%.