Senior Living in 20194 (Reston, VA)
- 20194 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Reston, VA.
- 20194 scores lower than the Reston, VA average of 84.
- 20194 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20194 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Reston Hospital Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Great Falls Assisted Living, Tall Oaks Assisted Living, and Sunrise at Reston Town Center.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Hidden Creek Country Club, Herndon Centennial Golf Course, and River Bend Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lake Fairfax Park, Dranesville Tavern Park, and Great Falls Grange Park.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Northern Virginia Hebrew Schl, and St Anne\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $174,616, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $133,549, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $73,313, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.62%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 20194 has a dense population density of 4,172.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.06%.