Senior Living in 20198 (The Plains, VA)
- 20198 scores the same as the The Plains, VA average of 85.
- 20198 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 20198 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Gainesville Health and Rehab Center, Lakeview Estates, and Oak Springs of Warrenton.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Evergreen Country Club, Bull Run Golf Club, and Stonewall Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Aldie Mill Historic Park, Hillwood Camping Park, and Conway Robinson Memorial State Forest.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Grace Episcopal Church, Reames Waverly G, and Trinity Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $128,187, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,135, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,024, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.35%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 20198 has a very sparse population density of 34.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.73%.