Senior Living in 20373 (Washington DC, DC)
- 20373 has a SeniorScore® of 85, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Washington DC, DC.
- 20373 scores significantly higher than the Washington DC, DC average of 77.
- 20373 scores significantly higher than the Washington DC average of 77.
- 20373 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 24 hospitals nearby, including Medlink Hospital & Nursing Ctr, Howard University Hospital, and Hospital For Sick Children.
- There are 187 senior living facilities in the area, including BridgePoint Hospital Capitol Hill Campus, Helton Manor West, and Washington Center For Aging Services.
- There are 56 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 115 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 76.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 964 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 86 golf courses nearby, including Langston Golf Course & Driving Range, East Potomac Public Golf Course -Blue, and Ft. Mcnair Golf Course.
- There are 35 parks nearby, including United States National Arboretum, Lincoln Park, and Anacostia Park.
- There are 1286 churches nearby, including Evangel Missionary Baptist Chr, Bethesda Baptist Church, and Mt Airy Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.75%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Washington DC has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.48%.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,728, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,120 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,374 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,740 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20373 has a sparse population density of 362.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.