Senior Living in 20603 (Waldorf, MD)
- 20603 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the highest of any zip code in Waldorf, MD.
- 20603 scores higher than the Waldorf, MD average of 72.
- 20603 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20603 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Annette\'s Place, Peaceful Life Assisted Living, Carrington, and Angel Assisted Living - Waldorf.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including White Plains Regional Park & Golf Course, Hawthorne Country Club, and Potomac Ridge Golf Links.
- There is 1 park nearby (Piscataway Park)..
- There are 36 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church-Waldorf, Calvary Gospel Church, and Lakeside United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $111,744, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $102,749, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,598, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.87%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20603 has a dense population density of 1,695.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.92%.