Senior Living in 20607 (Accokeek, MD)
- 20607 scores the same as the Accokeek, MD average of 85.
- 20607 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20607 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Dewitt Army Community Hospital, Fort Washington Hospital, and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Eby Health Services, Inc., Fort Washington Health Center, and ManorCare Health Services-Alexandria.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Mount Vernon Country Club, Tantallon Country Club, and Henson Creek Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Piscataway Park, The Accokeek Foundation\'s National Colonial Farm, and Fort Washington Park.
- There are 100 churches nearby, including Christ Episcopal Church, Accokeek Congregation-jehovah, and Whitehall Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $127,158, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $115,321, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,153, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20607 has a sparse population density of 466.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.33%.