Senior Living in 20608 (Aquasco, MD)
- 20608 scores the same as the Aquasco, MD average of 83.
- 20608 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20608 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Calvert Memorial Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Fields of Favor, Calvert County Nursing Center, and Calvert Memorial Hospital Transitional Care Unit.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Potomac Ridge Golf Links, Robin Dale Country Club, and Twin Shields Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Kings Landing Park, Battle Creek Cypress Swamp Sanctuary, and Cedarville State Forest.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Christ United Methodist Church, Saint Nicholas Lutheran Church, and Landmark Baptist Temple.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,799, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,397, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,946, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.83%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20608 has a very sparse population density of 52.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.29%.