Senior Living in 20612 (Benedict, MD)
- 20612 scores the same as the Benedict, MD average of 84.
- 20612 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20612 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Calvert Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Calvert County Nursing Center, Calvert Memorial Hospital Transitional Care Unit, and Charlotte Hall Veterans Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Potomac Ridge Golf Links, Robin Dale Country Club, and Wicomico Shores Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Battle Creek Cypress Swamp Sanctuary)..
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Healing & Deliverance Church, St Paul\'s Epsicopal Church, and Mount Zion Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,394, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,023, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,094, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20612 has an average population density of 1,120.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 60.45%.