Senior Living in 20613 (Brandywine, MD)
- 20613 scores the same as the Brandywine, MD average of 82.
- 20613 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20613 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Southern Maryland Hospital Center).
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including Cedar Tree Assisted Living, Fields of Favor, and Harmony House Assisted Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Robin Dale Country Club, Potomac Ridge Golf Links, and Marlboro Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Cedarville State Forest, Cheltenham Wildlife Management Area, and Clearwater Nature Center.
- There are 98 churches nearby, including Cedarville Assembly of God, St Phillips Episcopal Church, and Union Bethel Ame Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $111,983, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $101,495, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,348, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.26%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20613 has a sparse population density of 156.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.58%.