Senior Living in 20615 (Broomes Island, MD)
- 20615 scores the same as the Broomes Island, MD average of 81.
- 20615 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20615 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Loving Care Senior Services, Inc., Asbury Solomons , and Inns of Evergreen.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Chesapeake Hills Golf Club, Breton Bay Golf & Country Club, and Cedar Point Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum, Greenwell State Park, and Flag Ponds Nature Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Crossroad Christian Church, Waters Memorial United Meth, and Showers David G.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $102,090, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $99,293, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,060, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.20%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20615 has an average population density of 557.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.26%.