Senior Living in 20623 (Cheltenham, MD)
- 20623 scores the same as the Cheltenham, MD average of 82.
- 20623 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20623 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Southern Maryland Hospital Center and Malcolm Grow Medical Center).
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Wellness Assisted Living, MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, and Bradford Oaks Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Marlton Golf Club, Marlboro Country Club, and Andrews Afb Golf Course -East.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cheltenham Wildlife Management Area, Rosaryville State Park, and Clearwater Nature Center.
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Antioch Baptist Church, Baldensburg Baptist Church, and Clinton Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $135,118, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $125,192, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,947, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.05%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20623 has an average population density of 1,424.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.34%.