Senior Living in 20628 (Dameron, MD)
- 20628 scores the same as the Dameron, MD average of 74.
- 20628 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20628 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Chesapeake Shores and In Caring Hands, LLC)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Cedar Point Golf Club, Quinton Oaks Golf Course, and Village Green Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Point Lookout State Park, Dennis Point Marina & Campground, and Nicolet Park.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Rokos Michael G, Christian Disciples of Christ, and God\'s House of Refuge.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,985, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,054, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,686, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20628 has a very sparse population density of 89.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.08%.