Senior Living in 20639 (Huntingtown, MD)
- 20639 scores the same as the Huntingtown, MD average of 73.
- 20639 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20639 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Calvert Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Calvert County Nursing Center, Calvert Memorial Hospital Transitional Care Unit, and Fields of Favor.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Twin Shields Golf Club, Robin Dale Country Club, and Potomac Ridge Golf Links.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Kings Landing Park and Breezy Point Beach & Campground).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Huntingtown United Meth Chr, Landmark Baptist Temple, and Saint Nicholas Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $124,127, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $122,986, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,606, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.99%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20639 has a sparse population density of 339.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.38%.