Senior Living in 20640 (Indian Head, MD)
- 20640 scores the same as the Indian Head, MD average of 77.
- 20640 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20640 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Potomac Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Envoy of Woodbridge, Potomac Place, and Aurora Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Naval Surface Warfare Center, Ospreys Golf Club at Belmont Bay, The, and Forest Greens Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Smallwood State Park, Leesylvania State Park, and Featherstone National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including St James Episcopal Church, Alexander United Methodist Chr, and Potomac Heights Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,219, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,181, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,459, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.80%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20640 has a sparse population density of 250.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.58%.