Senior Living in 20650 (Leonardtown, MD)
- 20650 scores the same as the Leonardtown, MD average of 73.
- 20650 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20650 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Saint Mary\'s Hospital and St Mary\'s Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Mary\'s Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Spring Village at Wildewood, and In Caring Hands, LLC.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Breton Bay Golf & Country Club, Wicomico Shores Golf Course, and Cedar Point Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Saint Clements Island State Park, Greenwell State Park, and Nicolet Park.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Gospel Tabernacle of Prayer, Parr Ronald G, and St Michael\'s Catholic Church Complex.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $102,404, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,875, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,773, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.37%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20650 has a sparse population density of 227.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.08%.