Senior Living in 20657 (Lusby, MD)
- 20657 scores the same as the Lusby, MD average of 68.
- 20657 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20657 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Inns of Evergreen, Loving Care Senior Services, Inc., and Solomons Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Chesapeake Hills Golf Club, Cedar Point Golf Club, and Breton Bay Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Calvert Cliffs State Park, Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center, and Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Southern Calvert Baptist Chr, Powell Ronnie L, and Middleham & St Peter\'s Parish.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,644, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,565, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,128, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.92%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20657 has an average population density of 681.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.38%.