Senior Living in 20658 (Marbury, MD)
- 20658 scores the same as the Marbury, MD average of 92.
- 20658 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20658 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Potomac Hospital, Dewitt Army Community Hospital, and Civista Medical Center.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Envoy of Woodbridge, Potomac Place, and Safe Haven Adult Day and Medical Services.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Naval Surface Warfare Center, Ospreys Golf Club at Belmont Bay, The, and Pohick Bay Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Smallwood State Park, Chapman State Park, and Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 58 churches nearby, including Marbury Church of God, Smith\'s Chapel Church, and Marbury Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $102,081, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,417, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,384, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.50%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20658 has a sparse population density of 283.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.25%.