Senior Living in 20659 (Mechanicsville, MD)
- 20659 scores the same as the Mechanicsville, MD average of 68.
- 20659 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20659 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Charlotte Hall Veterans Home, St. Mary\'s Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Calvert County Nursing Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Wicomico Shores Golf Course, Swan Point Yacht & Country Club, and Breton Bay Golf & Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Battle Creek Cypress Swamp Sanctuary)..
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Victory Baptist Church, Rev G Marvin Carter, and Gospel Tabernacle of Prayer.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,405, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,089, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,636, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.22%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20659 has a sparse population density of 250.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.93%.