Senior Living in 20662 (Nanjemoy, MD)
- 20662 scores the same as the Nanjemoy, MD average of 81.
- 20662 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20662 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Stafford Hospital Center, Civista Medical Center, and Civista Health.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Hall - King George, Greenfield of Stafford, and La Plata Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Naval Surface Warfare Center, Willow Oaks Golf Course, and Augustine Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Purse State Park, Caledon State Park, and Smallwood State Park.
- There are 44 churches nearby, including Nanjemoy Baptist Church, Potomac Heights Baptist Church, and St James Episcopal Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,311, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,948, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,883, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.69%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20662 has a very sparse population density of 51.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.79%.