Senior Living in 20675 (Pomfret, MD)
- 20675 scores the same as the Pomfret, MD average of 90.
- 20675 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20675 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Civista Medical Center and Civista Health).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Abby Manor, La Plata Center, and The Maples Apartments.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including White Plains Regional Park & Golf Course, Hawthorne Country Club, and Naval Surface Warfare Center.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area, Chapman State Park, and Chapel Point State Park.
- There are 57 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Rectory, Duff Floyd P, and St Joseph\'s.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $106,397, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $107,750, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,035, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20675 has a sparse population density of 276.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.54%.