Senior Living in 20676 (Port Republic, MD)
- 20676 scores the same as the Port Republic, MD average of 79.
- 20676 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20676 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Calvert Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Calvert Memorial Hospital Transitional Care Unit, Calvert County Nursing Center, and Loving Care Senior Services, Inc..
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Chesapeake Hills Golf Club, Breton Bay Golf & Country Club, and Wicomico Shores Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Battle Creek Cypress Swamp Sanctuary, Flag Ponds Nature Park, and Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Waters Memorial United Meth, Crossroad Christian Church, and Showers David G.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $104,939, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $104,133, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,037, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.55%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20676 has a sparse population density of 233.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.07%.