Senior Living in 20677 (Port Tobacco, MD)
- 20677 scores the same as the Port Tobacco, MD average of 84.
- 20677 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20677 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Civista Medical Center and Civista Health).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including La Plata Center, The Maples Apartments, and Abby Manor.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Hawthorne Country Club, White Plains Regional Park & Golf Course, and Naval Surface Warfare Center.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Chapel Point State Park, Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area, and Smallwood State Park.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including St Catherine\'s Rectory, St Ignatius-Chapel Point, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $145,607, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $125,821, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,718, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20677 has a sparse population density of 151.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.80%.