Senior Living in 20685 (St Leonard, MD)
- 20685 scores the same as the St Leonard, MD average of 78.
- 20685 scores the same as the Maryland average of 78.
- 20685 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Calvert Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Loving Care Senior Services, Inc., Inns of Evergreen, and Asbury Solomons .
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Chesapeake Hills Golf Club, Cedar Point Golf Club, and Breton Bay Golf & Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum, Flag Ponds Nature Park, and Greenwell State Park.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Crossroad Christian Church, Waters Memorial United Meth, and Showers David G.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $126,683, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $103,065, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,127, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.51%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20685 has a sparse population density of 290.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.43%.