Senior Living in 20687 (Scotland, MD)
- 20687 scores the same as the Scotland, MD average of 66.
- 20687 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20687 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Quinton Oaks Golf Course, Village Green Golf Club, and Cedar Point Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Point Lookout State Park and Dennis Point Marina & Campground).
- There is 1 church nearby (Rokos Michael G)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,871, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,368, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $57,353, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 35.48%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20687 has a very sparse population density of 52.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.30%.